Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting Lotus 123 macro to Excel - copy/move data to worksheet

I have a Lotus 123 macro that I'm trying to convert to
Excel. I have a need to copy or move a range of data from
one worksheet to another. If the data is copied, the
original data then needs to be deleted from the source
worksheet. The worksheets contain different number of
rows.

Here is the original Lotus 123 macro
/RNCTOMOVE~{R 12}~ NAME RANGE TO MOVE
{GOTO}B:B6~ FIND EMPTY
{\B} PLACE TO MOVE TO
/CTOMOVE~~ MOVE DATA
{GOTO}TOMOVE~{D} GO BACK TO ROW COPIED FROM

/RETOMOVE~ ERASE OLD DATA
/C{END}{D}{R 12}~{U}~{U} MOVE DATA UP
{END}{D}/RE{R 12}~ DELETE EXTRA LAST LINE
{GOTO}TOMOVE~
/RNDTOMOVE~ DELETE RAMED RANGE
{WINDOWSON} GOTO SORT

Sample of the data
A B C D E F G h i
current date
1 date desc f b1 yield due date 1
2 date desc f b2 yield due date 2
4 date desc f b1 yield due date 4
3 date desc f b2 yield due date 3

If the current date is < or = to the due date, then these
records need to be selected from the current worksheet and
moved to the other worksheet. If this cann't be done, the
individual rows can be moved one at a time. Once the data
is moved, it is then resorted based on the autonumbering
of col A.

The results of the moving 2 rows from the source to the
destination worksheets

Source worksheet (col A and I are resequenced)
A B C D E F G h i
current date
1 date desc f b1 yield due date 1
2 date desc f b2 yield due date 2

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Might be easier to explain what you want to do and skip the Lotus 1-2-3
macro.

I realize you have commented it, but since it is relative to where the
activecell is and so forth, it isn't very comprehensible.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bernice" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Without going through each line of the 123 macro,

x=worksheets("destinationsheet").range("a65536").e nd(xlup).row+1
worksheets("sourcesheet").range("a5:b16").cut _
worksheets("destinationsheet").range("a" & x)

should move it for you.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bernice" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This worked well for one line but if run repeatedly,
overwrites the previous line. Do you have any
recommendations?

Here is what I have
Dim X As String
'moving a range from one worksheet to another
X = Worksheets("Matured").Range("a656").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Worksheets("Current").Range("B6:O6").Cut _
Worksheets("Matured").Range("B" & X)

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As Tom suggested, you haven't told us enough

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bernice" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

I'm trying to provide the capability to move one or more
rows from one worksheet to another. Right now based on
the code that you provided, I'm able to move one row. If
I try to run the macro a second time, the data that I
previously moved, is overwritten with the new
information.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Glad to help. It is always useful for others and the archives to share your
final solution

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software