Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with Excel 97 and XP

I have developed an excel spreadsheet using Excel XP and have used various vba code in th spreadsheet. A user using Excel 97 complains that the spreadsheet did not function properly.

Are there differences in the type of code you can use between the versions of excel? Can something be done to remedy the difference

One specific instance of failure the user mentioned was "undefined replace function". Does this function not exist in excel 97

Is there somewhere I can find out all the differences between the various versions? Could it be there is something wrong with this users pc and its not the worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Neil,

There are a number of differences in the VBA language between Excel 97
and later versions of Excel, including the one you mentioned. Excel 97 VBA
does not support the VBA Replace function. There really aren't any
significant differences in VBA from Excel 2000 onward.

There have been improvements to the Excel object model from version to
version that will cause code written in a later version of Excel to fail in
an earlier version of Excel if these specific improvements are not avoided.
I don't know of any single place where you can find a comprehensive list.

The best thing to do is develop your application in the earliest version
of Excel that you expect it to run in.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals