Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get sheet name given a cell

Excel 2003, WinXP
I need some help to help an OP.
Programmatically:
I setup an array of sheet names.
I group all the sheets in the array.
I activate one sheet and select one column.
I use Find to find a cell entry.
It is found and I set it to FoundCell.
Question:
How do I get the sheet name where FoundCell resides?
Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try with

MsgBox FoundCell.Worksheet.Name

or

MsgBox FoundCell.Parent.Name

Juan Pablo González

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2003, WinXP
I need some help to help an OP.
Programmatically:
I setup an array of sheet names.
I group all the sheets in the array.
I activate one sheet and select one column.
I use Find to find a cell entry.
It is found and I set it to FoundCell.
Question:
How do I get the sheet name where FoundCell resides?
Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto,

How about

Foundcell.Parent.Name

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2003, WinXP
I need some help to help an OP.
Programmatically:
I setup an array of sheet names.
I group all the sheets in the array.
I activate one sheet and select one column.
I use Find to find a cell entry.
It is found and I set it to FoundCell.
Question:
How do I get the sheet name where FoundCell resides?
Thanks for your help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otto,

Not sure. Not tested : FoundCell.Parent.Name

Auk Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *