Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding Toolbars Question

Excel 97 - I read a post a couple days ago explaining how to hide al
the toolbars when opening a workbook, then unhide them when tha
workbook is closed.

The only thing it left open was the Worksheet Menu Bar. I thought thi
was pretty cool but wondered about a couple of things.

Can you do the same thing except leave open a Custom toolbar yo
created and close the Worksheet Menu Bar? And if so is the code prett
much the same? Or is it another ball of wax?

Since I am learning VBA as I go along, I thought I would get som
opinions on this!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Monty,

Code is much the same, except with the Worksheet Menu Bar, you don't set the
Visible property to False, you set the Enabled property (to False).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Full Monty " wrote in message
Excel 97 - I read a post a couple days ago explaining how to hide all
the toolbars when opening a workbook, then unhide them when that
workbook is closed.

The only thing it left open was the Worksheet Menu Bar. I thought this
was pretty cool but wondered about a couple of things.

Can you do the same thing except leave open a Custom toolbar you
created and close the Worksheet Menu Bar? And if so is the code pretty
much the same? Or is it another ball of wax?

Since I am learning VBA as I go along, I thought I would get some
opinions on this!

Thanks!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Monty,

Here is a post on the same day as the one you saw which incorporates
Worksheet Menu Bar

http://tinyurl.com/2x4ew

You still need to handle your custom toolbar.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips