Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Fucntion

Hi Evereyone,

Say the following custom function:

function MyFunc(A,B)

I want to make A to be absolute reference and B to be
relative reference. Therefore, when this function is
copied down a column, A always refers to the same cell. I
would like to call it and copy down a column using another
macro and no manual input.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. The user would select the A (first
argument), and it can be any cell. Once the selection is
made, can this be treated as absolute reference without
the user having to insert the doller signs manually.
Thanks a lot. This thing is driving me .....

Regards

I want to make A to be absolute reference and B to be
relative reference. Therefore, when this function is
copied down a column, A always refers to the same cell.

would like to call it and copy down a column using

another
macro and no manual input.

Any help is appreciated.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The user can select the A1 (as an example) and hit F4 (repeatedly) to get
the combination of asolute and relative referencing desired, but it does not
default to absolute.

Tom Ogilvy