Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open event

I have a template and need to run code when the template
is being used by the end-user. The problem is if I put
code in the template file on "open" event, it only runs
when I actually open the template, not use it. I can't
find where to put code that will run when the user does
the "file-new-selects the template".

Any ideas? Thanks

Cindy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cindy

It works for me in the Workbook Open event when I select New from the File
menu and select the template. Are you opening them a different way?

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Cindy" wrote in message
I have a template and need to run code when the template
is being used by the end-user. The problem is if I put
code in the template file on "open" event, it only runs
when I actually open the template, not use it. I can't
find where to put code that will run when the user does
the "file-new-selects the template".

Any ideas? Thanks

Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No - that's what I'm doing. What I resorted to was
creating a sub auto_open (old technology) and this does
run. I don't understand why the "open" didn't work but I
can't spend any more time on it, so for now I'll just use
the auto_open. Thanks for your help.

.