Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Picking Teams

Hi All,

I run a mini football thing on a thursday night and every week I hav
to pick teams that are random - I would like to use the players list
have in excel to do this automatically.

In Excel so far I have a list of the players names with which week
they miss - money they have paid etc and I would like to be able t
click a button from within the spreadsheet and have 2 sets of 7 player
picked from the list. Is this possible to do ?

I assume the list would have to be randomized then split into 2 sets o
7 then populated.

Anyway I'm stuck so I'm turning to the experts lol

Jayc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

copy the list of names to another location. Next to the new list put in
=rand() and fill down. Select both columns of data and do Data =sort.
The first 7 cells will be the first set, the second 7 will be the second
set.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bigjayce " wrote in message
Hi All,

I run a mini football thing on a thursday night and every week I have
to pick teams that are random - I would like to use the players list I
have in excel to do this automatically.

In Excel so far I have a list of the players names with which weeks
they miss - money they have paid etc and I would like to be able to
click a button from within the spreadsheet and have 2 sets of 7 players
picked from the list. Is this possible to do ?

I assume the list would have to be randomized then split into 2 sets of
7 then populated.

Anyway I'm stuck so I'm turning to the experts lol

Jayce

---