Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to pull in 2 different rows and compare them

What I am trying to do is automatically compare totals in column F fro
two different excel sheets according to their account ID. What I nee
is to be able to pull both row F into the 3rd sheet and have th
account ID match side-by-side along with its corresponding total. Th
reason is because sometimes Sheet 1 has an account that does not exis
in Sheet 2. The look I am trying to accomplish is manually displaye
below:

Account ID 1 Account ID 2
100 100
101 101
102
103 103
104 104

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

yale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If account 2 will be the only one missing values,

copy Sheet1 to sheet3, and remove columns you don't need. next to account
1, use the vlookup function

in B2 or whatever column for the account 2 info

=if(isNA(Vlookup(A2,Sheet2!$A:$F,1,False)),"",Vloo kup(A2,Sheet2!$A:$F,1,Fals
e))

then drag fill down the column. Assume the account ID in book2 is

to get column F values change 1 to 6 in the 3rd argument to vlookup.

Tom Ogilvy

"yalex " wrote in message
What I am trying to do is automatically compare totals in column F from
two different excel sheets according to their account ID. What I need
is to be able to pull both row F into the 3rd sheet and have the
account ID match side-by-side along with its corresponding total. The
reason is because sometimes Sheet 1 has an account that does not exist
in Sheet 2. The look I am trying to accomplish is manually displayed
below:

Account ID 1 Account ID 2
100 100
101 101
102
103 103
104 104

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

yalex

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to not have to copy, paste, or delet
anything from Sheet 1 or Sheet 2 due to the fact that I would like t
be able to import other data into those two sheets and have i
automatically pulled into Sheet 3 and put into their respectiv
locations to be compared. If there is another way to do it withou
having to move any of the data in sheet 1 and 2 then I would love t
know how to do it. Much appreciated.

yale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't have to do anything to sheet1 or sheet 2. You copy sheet1 to
create sheet3, then do the work there.

Tom Ogilvy

"yalex " wrote in message
Thanks for the help. I'm trying to not have to copy, paste, or delete
anything from Sheet 1 or Sheet 2 due to the fact that I would like to
be able to import other data into those two sheets and have it
automatically pulled into Sheet 3 and put into their respective
locations to be compared. If there is another way to do it without
having to move any of the data in sheet 1 and 2 then I would love to