Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Network printers, how?

I have the workbook on the server for all to use, come to print it out
and it needs to go to one particular printer, however all the PC's in
the place use the same names for the printers but have different port
descriptions. I'm not sure what they call it, they have Ne01 or Ne02
etc, at the end. So when you click the print button i've created it
seems to print to any unless i can name it exactly, but doing so
changes it for somebody else.
Have a look at the code and if anyone can help i'd be gratefull.

Private Sub CommandButton6_Click()
Dim sht As Worksheet
For Each sht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If sht.Range("a6").Value < "" Then sht.PrintOut Copies:=1,
ActivePrinter:= _
"\\ELIZABETH\HP DeskJet 1220C Printer on Ne04:"
Next
End Sub

Thanks for looking

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not use the computers own default print settings? I assume that if you do not define a printer it should use the computers default.

Maybe?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We only have 1 A3 printer, which is not the default for all the pc's.
However I found a way round this problem, I let the user choose th
printer from the list of available ones by adding one line above m
code.

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show

All's good now & it's home time!! Excellent stuff

Take care
CA

LABEL PRINTERS CFAVRE Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 4th 08 05:06 PM
Printers & LPT Tom Excel Programming 0 November 26th 03 05:39 PM
Enumerating Printers Michael D. Ober[_2_] Excel Programming 8 October 21st 03 01:25 PM
List of Printers Bret Holle Excel Programming 1 September 27th 03 04:39 PM
Copying files ...Network to Network Eric[_6_] Excel Programming 2 July 18th 03 08:59 PM