Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autocomplete Possible?

If I have a list of names on Sheet2 is it possible to write code or link
column A in Sheet1 so that when someone starts typing in the last name it is
autocompleted? and then do the same for their first name so that only the
First names that match the last names are allowed to be selected. OR should
I just change everything over to MS Access?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

A workshees cell can't do that, it has too many other concerns. A combobox can, wether
it's located on a worksheet or on a userform.

But if you "just as well might use Access" I suggest you do just that. Excel is primarily
a math and analysis tool, not a data i/o application.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.