Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

Default Printer Driver Function

Hello

I want to create a "print driver function" for print-to-email
For eg.
I create a document in Excel, or Lotus 123 or any other program which has the ability to print. I preview it to make sure it is OK. I select as a printer: "print to email".

Then properties button pops up and when I press it I have a choice of file formats, dpi and compression. The idea is to print the document so that it appears exactly on the email as it did in my print preview. This is done by outputting it in .tif or .bmp or .htm or .pdf and embedding it as an image in the email. I understand that the email needs to be encoded in multi-part mime so that if the recipient's email service allows images to be viewed on the email itself, it can do so. If the email service filters images then the contents can come through as rich text or as an attached file.

Can I use PDFPrint for this? What do I need to use this component? How much I paid for this? I am giving this facility to my users free of cost with source code as Open Source.

If someone know about this type of utility, let me know.

Ashsih

---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

"Ashish Kanoongo" wrote in
:

I want to create a "print driver function" for print-to-email
For eg.
I create a document in Excel, or Lotus 123 or any other program which
has the ability to print. I preview it to make sure it is OK. I select
as a printer: "print to email".

Yes, PDF would be the way to go here. Newer versions of Excel have a built
in PDF creator, and if that doesn't work there are plenty of others out
there.

It will create a file, which you then have to attach to an outgoing email.

Creating a print driver is not an easy task. If you really want this, you
will have to hire someone who knows how to do it. It would probably cost
you several thousand dollars (if you hire an American programmer) or maybe
under $1000 (if you hire someone from Asia).

--
My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please
remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to reply.