Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting an Excel cell

Hi, I am writing a project in .NET which needs to update some cells
Now, these cells contain a function and the spreadsheet is linked. So
since you cannot update a cell which contains a function, I tried t
delete it first (with the idea of updating later). But it does not eve
allow me to delete with the following statement:

cmd.CommandText = "DELETE [Births$C24:C24] FROM [Births$]"
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

which should do the deletion if it works. But it is giving me an erro
on the cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() (i.e. when the actual delete SHOULD occur
telling me the following:

"Deleting data in a linked table is not supported by this ISAM"

The spreadsheet is in Excel 2000 format and it allows me to manuall
delete a cell so I do not really understand if I can do the updating
originally intended to do. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks and best regards,
Timoth