Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting a print range using variables

I would like to write a macro using VBA to set print ranges
dynamically. I have several macros that create spreadsheets based
upon the number of rows in the data, which I store in a range. I can
copy formulas down and format the data using offsets, but I cannot
figure out how to set the print area using VBA code. If I record a
macro, it requires an absolute reference. Is it possible to use a
range name or variable to set the print area? If not, is there
another way to format my report to print to one page, without manually
changing it?

I'm using Excel 2000 on Win2K and WinXP machines. I can post some
sample code if necessary, let me know what you'd like to see.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I know Range() can't use variables. I have
done some variables with using Cells() instead.
ex. Sheet1.Cells( i, 4).Value = "Hello"
where i is the row and 4 is the column.

I'm sure you could get the printing to work using Cells()
rather than Range().

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

a couple of examples of using variables with range

Range("a1:d" & myval).Select ' myVal = row number
Range("a1:" & MyCol & MyRow).Select 'MyCol = Column letter, MyRow
row number

myval = ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Address
Range("a1:" & myval).Selec