Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel auto macro problems

Hi, I'm fairly new to macros. I put a simple command
button macro on an excel workbook. It worked fine with no
problems. Then, I put the same macor on another computer
and ended up with this module called PFDWriter.xla that I
think I screwed up before I realized what it was. Now
when I start Excel, the PFDWriter script pops up in the
VBA Editor window with the error "Compile error: Variable
not defined" and it highlights part of the script. If you
click OK to get rid of the error message and close the VBA
Editor window, you get another message that this action
will stop the debugger. YOu OK out of that. Then the
Excel application window is there and you can open and use
any of the Excel files just fine. But if you close Excel
and try to use Excel or an Excel file, you are back to
square one. I'm not sure how I got into it, but I think
it is some kind of AutoExec file in the Office Startup
folder. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office and
that didn't take care of it.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

maybe:

OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

--

Dave Peterson