Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passing Excel formats in VBA date variables

I have a start date in my spreadsheet model that is formatted as follow
(m/d/yyyy h:mm). I have named the cell "xlStartDate" I have a VB
variable that is called StartDate. I pass the excel variable to th
vba variable

Dim StartDate As Date
StartDate = Range("xlStartDate")

When I put my cursor over teh StartDate varible it says 01/01/2004.
Why does it not have the formatting of m/d/yyyy h:mm