Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom menu depth

How deep can menus be? Can a menu have a menu have a menu have a menu have
a menuitem? Or is there some limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suspect you can go several levels deep - I believe I have gone at least as
deep as you show.

I don't recall seeing a published limit, but I suspect reasonable usability
would be exceeded before any limit is reached.
Tom Ogilvy

"R Avery" wrote in message
How deep can menus be? Can a menu have a menu have a menu have a menu

have
a menuitem? Or is there some limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

R.,

Tom is correct: you would reach a practical usability limit before you
reach an Excel limitation: I wrote a recursive macro that added a
commandbar with 1200 levels, so the typical 255 and 1024 limits don't
apply.

I would try it with more but I'm afraid it would crash my machine and
I don't want to do that right now.... :)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

--
HTH,
Bernie

"R Avery" wrote in message
How deep can menus be? Can a menu have a menu have a menu have a

menu have
a menuitem? Or is there some limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanky ;D

"R Avery" wrote in message
How deep can menus be? Can a menu have a menu have a menu have a

menu have
a menuitem? Or is there some limit?

custom menu winqan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 6th 06 10:51 AM
Custom Menu Help EAB1977 Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 12th 05 01:02 AM
Custom menu Alan M Excel Worksheet Functions 4 September 18th 05 11:57 PM
Custom Menu Luis Excel Programming 1 December 12th 03 01:54 PM
Custom Menu ewize1 Excel Programming 2 October 30th 03 05:16 PM