Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile Error on "dim x as VBComponent"?

I get a Compile Error ("User-defined type not defined") whenever I
attempt to dim anything as "VBProject" or "VBComponent", even though
both objects are documented by Excel help. Am I missing something
simple?

I'm using Excel 2003, Office Pro Edition. Same problem on a different
PC running Excel 97.

Thanks in advance.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pat,

You need to set a reference to the extensibility library. In the
VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose References, and then
scroll down to and check "Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications
Extensibility Library".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"PatFinegan " wrote
in message ...
I get a Compile Error ("User-defined type not defined")

whenever I
attempt to dim anything as "VBProject" or "VBComponent", even

though
both objects are documented by Excel help. Am I missing

something
simple?

I'm using Excel 2003, Office Pro Edition. Same problem on a

different
PC running Excel 97.

Thanks in advance.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I knew it had to be simple. Of course, I then discovered that I had to
change my security settings (Excel 2003 apparently differs from Excel
97 on "Trested Publishers").

---