Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default modifying formulas with code

I have a workbook where values in row C contain worksheet names. VBA code
creates additional worksheets naming the worksheet with what is entered in
column C. There is also a summary worksheet which Sums like cells from all
the worksheets. Looking for assistance in creating code which would modify
the SUM formula on the summary worksheet each time new worksheets are added.

-Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any ideas for a variation on this -

I have sheets set like this-

<MonthType1<MonthType2<MonthType3<PreviousMonth Type1<PreviousMonthType2<PreviousMonthType3
etc....

I want to maintain the order of the grouping, but summarize each typ
(SummaryType1, SummaryType2, SummaryType3) with formulae that wil
automatically update when I add new sheets each month. Is i
possible?

Seems like the First:Last trick won't quite work given the groupin
order of the sheets...

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It will if you put them around each group.

Tom Ogilvy

Andy Z wrote in message
Any ideas for a variation on this -

I have sheets set like this-

<MonthType1<MonthType2<MonthType3<PreviousMonth Type1<PreviousMonthType2
<PreviousMonthType3
etc....

I want to maintain the order of the grouping, but summarize each type
(SummaryType1, SummaryType2, SummaryType3) with formulae that will
automatically update when I add new sheets each month. Is it
possible?

Seems like the First:Last trick won't quite work given the grouping
order of the sheets...

Thanks for any help!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I considered that, but the problem is - group1 contains worksheets o
type1, type2, and type3. Group2 contains the three types as well.
want the summary pages to summarize by type, not by group. But, stil
maintain the grouping structure of the worksheets. I think I must b
missing something?

I am pretty much resigned to the fact I'll just have to copy ol
worksheets and update the formulas manually. No big deal, I was jus
hoping for something slicker.

Andy Z wrote in message
Any ideas for a variation on this -

I have sheets set like this-

<MonthType1<MonthType2<MonthType3<PreviousMonth Type1<PreviousMonthType2
<PreviousMonthType3
etc....

I want to maintain the order of the grouping, but summarize eac

type
(SummaryType1, SummaryType2, SummaryType3) with formulae that will
automatically update when I add new sheets each month. Is it
possible?

Seems like the First:Last trick won't quite work given th

grouping
order of the sheets...

Thanks for any help!

---