Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default basic variant to array conversion

Hello,
I have looked in my poor excel book and through the help files and i can't
seem to solve this. apologies if this is in there.

i have extracted range of values as a variant from a work sheet and i would
like to manipulate this data locally as though it were an array. i can't
index the variant, nor can i seem to be able to convert it to a usable
array.

any help would be much appreciated.

if you're going to reference help files please be specific.

thanks,
-jeff.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It isn't clear to me what you mean by "i have extracted range of values
as a variant from a work sheet", but

myArray = Range("whatever") will load the elements of the range named
"whatever" into a Variant() array whose elements are accessible with
myArray(1,1), myArray(1,2) . . . myArray(2,1), etc.

Alan Beban