Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert path and file name in excel 2000

Is it possible to insert the path and the file name of a
document in excel 2000 ? I know it is possible to do this
in Word 2000 by using the command {FILENAME \p} but it
does'nt works in Excel 2000.

Thank you

Julie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

These formulas put sheet, file and path information into cells:

The file path and name
CELL("filename",A1)

The file path
LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1)

The file name
MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CELL("fil
ename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1)

The sheet name
RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",
A1),1))

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Julie" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert the path and the file name of a
document in excel 2000 ? I know it is possible to do this
in Word 2000 by using the command {FILENAME \p} but it
does'nt works in Excel 2000.

Thank you

Julie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Julie,

If you want it in the header/footer, you need VBA.

This code, placed in the ThisWorkbook code module, automatically sets the
full name when printing.

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = ThisWorkbook.FullName

HTH

Bob Phillips