Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBE code pane

"quartz" wrote in message
Hello. I'm hoping an MVP or someone who knows can help me here.

1. Can someone please explain to me what a "CodePane" is and how it

differs from a "CodeModule" or, for that
matter, a window?

The code pane is the window in the VBE that opens up when the code module is
selected. It is where the VBA code is entered on amended.

2. If I have code stored in a sheet module, how can I get a reference to

the code pane that that sheet module is in?

Use the worksheet name, such as Worksheets("Sheet1").myMacro

3. How can you determine or equate the code pane object to any other

object in the VBE using VBA?

What are you tryin g to do? Knowing this might make it better to answer the
question.