Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Uninstalling an add-in

Hello to all,
I have written a macro for filtering a group of data based on the standard
deviation of different "segments" of the data.

Now I have written a little installation macro that automatically includes
my xla file as an addin and insert a menu command in the filter menu. I have
also written an uninstall macro that deletes the menu command.

Everything is working fine. The only problem is to uninstall the add-in. I
use the line that appears when I record the unchecking of my add-in, namely:

AddIns("Fil-Std").Installed = False

However, that doesn't seem to work properly. If, for instance, I uninstall
the macro, copy the xla file to a different directory and install it again.
I get a message error every time I open Excel stating that it can't find the
file in the old directory.

I have the same problem when I uncheck the add-in manually. It seems that
Excel (I use Office XP) records the location of the add-ins and unchecking
them doesn't erase it. On some occasions I have even got a message asking
whether I want to erase the add-in from the add-in list (as opposed to just
uncheck it) and I still got the error the next time I opened Excel.

My question is: How can I get Excel to forget about the add-in so I can
install it anew in a different directory?

Thank you in advance
Francisco Tornay