Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TextBox

Hi,

If I have a textbox thats used for the date and I was curious if ther
was a way to set up the textbox to be more user friendly. For example
have "__/__/__" inside of the textbox.

My second question has to do with a textbox as well. After a entry i
made into a textbox, it would automatically go to the next textbox i
the tab order. For example, I have a textbox called tbInvoice, after a
entry is made of 9 digits it would automatically go to the next tex
box which is called tbAmount.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Rocke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the first question, have three text boxes! day , month, year.

For the second, you can use the keyup event (I think that's the right one)
and count the length of the text in the box, if it matches your limit, use
setfocus to move to the next box.

Got to run, if you need more help, post back.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Rockee052 " wrote in message

If I have a textbox thats used for the date and I was curious if there
was a way to set up the textbox to be more user friendly. For example,
have "__/__/__" inside of the textbox.

My second question has to do with a textbox as well. After a entry is
made into a textbox, it would automatically go to the next textbox in
the tab order. For example, I have a textbox called tbInvoice, after an
entry is made of 9 digits it would automatically go to the next text
box which is called tbAmount.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Rockee

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Robin,

Is there anyway you could give me a code example for the keyup event. I
am a newbie to VBA, If I have an example I could plug my numbers in and
work from that...

Thanks for responding to my post!!!

Have a great day

Rockee Freeman:p

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is anyone out there????? I'm just kidding. I was just curious if anyone
is familar with what I posted. If so, could you help me out???

Thanks,

Rockee Freeman

---