Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is the decimal value of xlDataValidation constant

Hi all,
The VBA Object browser does not list the value of the xlPasteType member: xlDataValidation. Does anyone know the decimal value of the constant? Creating a macro with this code does not show the value as well:
Sub Test
ActiveSheet.Cells(1,1).Value = xlDataValidation
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ramil,

I found "xlPasteValidation" with a value of 6 in XL2002.
It is not available in XL97.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Ramil" wrote in message
Hi all,
The VBA Object browser does not list the value of the xlPasteType member:

xlDataValidation. Does anyone know the decimal value of the constant? Creating
a macro with this code does not show the value as well:
Sub Test
ActiveSheet.Cells(1,1).Value = xlDataValidation

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim. It worked when I used 6. However, I am calling the formatting from a VB application and it takes a considerable amount of time to execute. On a sheet with 616 rows, I copied the data validation and pasted it to three (3) columns, the time to complete the process was 34 seconds. But from within Excel, the paste is immediate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a known bug in XL97 and XL2K regarding PasteSpecial of Validation
and AllExceptBorders. Refer to the following MS Knowledge Base articles:

XL97: Problems with Arguments of PasteSpecial Method (Q171281)
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q171281

XL97: Problems with Arguments of PasteSpecial Method (Q255520)
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q255520

My preferred workaround is to declare the enum's as public:
Const xlPasteValidation = 6
Const xlPasteAllExceptBorders = 7

Hope this helps
James dot Becker at NCR dot com