Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Duplicating data from sheet 1 to 2,3,4 etc

I am very new to excel and have grasped the basics. I have created a template which is a master copy for estimating and quotation. Until now I have copied and paste the 'master' sheet into other sheets deleted confidental columns to create client quotations, and other similar documents. I have now added a fair few formulas and drop down lists to the 'master' and ideally what to have a several duplicates of the 'master' copy on sheets 2, 3,4 and so on, but these sheets being minus of the confidental columns. I want to work on the 'master copy only but have the data duplicated on the other work sheets. Because columns ,D,E,F & I carry confidental info in the master I dont want this to carry across to the duplicates. this means G & H in the duplicates become D & E. What additional problems will occur

Sorry the message is a bit long, as you can see i don't know all the jargon and maybe not enough about excel to really do what I want, but then I sell bathrooms

Thank you for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's very difficult to maintain multiple copies of a master sheet. Also,
if you're sending the workbook to clients, they'd be able to see the
confidential columns on the master sheet, so there's no point in
deleting them from the quotation sheet.

If you're printing the quotations, you can hide the columns with
confidential information, instead of deleting them. Or, use VLOOKUP
formulas, or filters to display the specific information that you need
in the quote.

There are some sample files here that may help you:

Under 'Data Validation', look for 'Invoice for Selected Number'

Hi

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List