Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic text in Mail Merge - any idea?

I need some ideas form Excel Experts

I currently have a program in Excel (with User forms) to generate the data for mail merge. This programs connects to two different SQL databases and gets the information back into Excel (There are some additional fields entered by users). All this is working fine.
Just to give you a back ground info.. The letters is like a refusal letter for a credit application. There are many reasons why the applications can be refused (about 25 different reasons). The way I am doing it now is : From the user form, the users selects that applicable refusal reasons (can be up to 25) which are check boxes on the user form. In many cases, only about 3 - 5 will be applicable to any particular application. However, the letter template in MS word has all 25 fields (as mail merge fields) and the ones selected will have "X" beside it

I wan to change this to dynamic text in the word template. so that not all 25 fields need to be a mail merge field. Instead, I like to have only the selected text (refusal reason) appear in the word template (instead of putting an 'X' beside the applicable refusal reason). This means that all 25 refusal reasons are going to be coded in the VBA code (rather than having it on word). May be I can have a bookmark (instead by merge field) and put the text (refusal reason) in the appropriate bookmark. But this may not look pretty because the bookmarks are on a static location in the MS word and I may end up with unnecessary spaces (or blank lines) between refusal reasons

Anyone has any idea to have dynamic text inserted into word (as a mail merge)?. The data is in Excel file
I only want to have the 3 or 4 refusal reasons in the word template (not all 25 of them and put 'X' beside the 3 or 4 that are applicable.

Any help is appreciated

Thank yo