Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi

My problems is that I can not figure out a formula that
would do the following. I posted this problem in the
worksheet functions newsgroup and they suggested over
here. This is what I need to do. I have a spreadsheet
which in which I need to have sheet1 feed off sheet2.
Sheet1 contains month to date totals, and sheet 2
contains daily totals. At the end, I need to have my
daily totals inputed into sheet1. However, I need it to
be date specific. In theory I want it matched for that
particular date. For instance, today is 1/16 I need the
date inputed from sheet2 to sheet1 in the row pertaing to
the date. Just to clarify, for example, In column A I
have the dates Jan1-Jan30 this is on sheet 1, which does
my month to date totals. Now in column B I need the
information inputed from sheet 2 to match it only for
that specific date. If today was 1/15 it would input the
data in that row. If it was 1/27 it would input the data
in that row and so on. I tried a match function and tried
nesting the today function within, but I can not seem to
get it. If sending the file helps, please let me know and
I can send it over so anyone can help out. Thanks again,
hope this clarifies the matter. Please reply! Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use the subject to outline your problem - you'll get a
fater & better response. Please Help is rather
meaningless isn't it really.

Your proble can be resolved with spreadsheet functions.
You can easily use SUMIF()
Indeed an array formula along these lines
{SUM(IF('m&y'),A1,0))}
where the m&y is your conditional text

The easiest waty is to use a pivot table and group by
months

.