Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help with a billing sheet

I have a sheet that keeps track of our billing. The summary sheet has the
names of clients, what billing type they are, the amounts they pay per
month, who and where they invoices go to. all that information comes from
individual sheets within the workbook. Each month I have to send out
invoices to all the clients that have a certain invoicing level. normally
what i would do is copy and paste each one to the bottom of the page. Is
there a way that I can have the rows clients with a specific billing type to
be copied to another page or even automatically come up in a list if i use
data validation? (for example: on sheet 2, A1 would have a list of the
billing types and if i chose a certain billing type a list would form
below).

any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dominique
Yes. Your idea of having a Data Validation cell with the billing types,
selecting a billing type, and having the associated list of clients appear
below (or anywhere you want) is simple to do. You would need a
Worksheet_Change event macro tied to a change in that Data Validation cell.
If you wish, send me a small file with a sample of your data showing how
the data is laid out and where you want the Data Validation cell and the
subsequent list. Also include the source list (list of billing types) for
the Data Validation cell. Remove "cobia97" from my email address.
HTH Otto