Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Which routine called Sub()?

I want to know which routines are calling a particular Sub().

I thought Application.Caller would give me the result but it does not.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

'change the Excel environment
SetEnvironment

Sub SetEnvironment()

Debug.Print Application.Caller (always returns an Error 2023)

Any ideas on the best way to find out where all the calls to a
particular sub are coming from?

Many thanks.

Mike Angellotti

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No built in provision for this. You would have to have the calling
routines pass in their names or look at the call stack in the debugger.

Tom Ogilvy

"mikeang " wrote in message
I want to know which routines are calling a particular Sub().

I thought Application.Caller would give me the result but it does not.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

'change the Excel environment
SetEnvironment

Sub SetEnvironment()

Debug.Print Application.Caller (always returns an Error 2023)

Any ideas on the best way to find out where all the calls to a
particular sub are coming from?

Many thanks.

Mike Angellotti

---

sub routine Gord Dibben Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 13th 09 12:15 AM
Sort Routine Platinum girl[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 9th 07 03:21 PM
Solver VBA routine KLM Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 11th 05 11:51 AM
Routine?? Zax Excel Programming 3 December 19th 03 05:50 PM
Need VBA Routine John M. Lembo Excel Programming 0 July 13th 03 01:51 AM