Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select blank cell

Im a newbee in VBA, and I have a simple problem.

How can I select a blank cell in a given range and relpace it with a
value from another cell.

Any quick VBA programmers out there?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim rng as Range
On Error Resume Next
set rng = Range("A1:A10").specialCells(xlBlanks)
On Error goto 0
if not rng is nothing then
rng(1).Value = "rng(1).offset(-1,0)
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Hodar " wrote in message
Im a newbee in VBA, and I have a simple problem.

How can I select a blank cell in a given range and relpace it with a
value from another cell.

Any quick VBA programmers out there?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanx Tom

It worked perfectly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am trying to do something very similar. Is it possible to modify th
coding here and allow every blank cell within a column to copy th
value of the cell immediately before it. For instance, a blank in cel
B10 copies B9, blank cell B37 copies B36, etc.
Thanks for the help.
Gi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Debra Dalgleish has some code (as well as manual instructions) at:

"gfinch <" wrote:

I am trying to do something very similar. Is it possible to modify the
coding here and allow every blank cell within a column to copy the
value of the cell immediately before it. For instance, a blank in cell
B10 copies B9, blank cell B37 copies B36, etc.
Thanks for the help.
Gib

---

Dave Peterson