Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fill Down Blank Cells From Imported Reports

I know that I had previously found a solution to this, but seem to hav
lost it (human memory failure). We export reports from Crystal int
Excel for manipulation. The reports have groupings or subgrouping
that end up not having data in each cell under the grouping header. T
slice and dice the info, we need to "fill down" the data in one row
all the way down till where the next cell contains data, and then cop
the cell with data and fill down all the blanks till the next fille
cell and so on. I found one macro, but it only did it for a specifie
Column and each time you run it you have to change the macro to specif
the number of rows to be changed. It works, but I know there was
better solution that I just cannot reconstruct.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could adapt code that's shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html#FillProg

Vince_K_PA < wrote:
I know that I had previously found a solution to this, but seem to have
lost it (human memory failure). We export reports from Crystal into
Excel for manipulation. The reports have groupings or subgroupings
that end up not having data in each cell under the grouping header. To
slice and dice the info, we need to "fill down" the data in one rown
all the way down till where the next cell contains data, and then copy
the cell with data and fill down all the blanks till the next filled
cell and so on. I found one macro, but it only did it for a specified
Column and each time you run it you have to change the macro to specify
the number of rows to be changed. It works, but I know there was a
better solution that I just cannot reconstruct.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List