Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default question about - excel macro copy chart to word document

I wish to make an excel makro which append a chart to open word file.
(format as picture). Then it returns to excel. It would be useful
also to clear the clipboard after this.

I succeded to make makro which transfer chart to clipboard and then
make word as active.

In Tools - references I also assign Microsoft word 10.0 Object
library.

This macro is:

Sub Makro2()
'
Dim exc As Excel.Workbook, wor As Word.Application
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy
Set wor = GetObject(, "word.application")
wor.Visible = True
wor.Activate
End Sub

I please for macro, which will copy this chart to open word document.

Regards and thank for help
Jani
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just turn on the macro recorder in word, select you document and do edit
=paste.

That should give you the code you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jani" wrote in message
m...
I wish to make an excel makro which append a chart to open word file.
(format as picture). Then it returns to excel. It would be useful
also to clear the clipboard after this.

I succeded to make makro which transfer chart to clipboard and then
make word as active.

In Tools - references I also assign Microsoft word 10.0 Object
library.

This macro is:

Sub Makro2()
'
Dim exc As Excel.Workbook, wor As Word.Application
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy
Set wor = GetObject(, "word.application")
wor.Visible = True
wor.Activate
End Sub

I please for macro, which will copy this chart to open word document.

Regards and thank for help
Jani

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jani -

I have a sample macro on this web page that might help:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartwd

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP