Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I disable autocorrect from within a macro?

I've created a Purchase Order form in Excel 97. One problem I've
encountered is that the Autocorrect-"Replace text as you type" action
is on by default. Hence when a user tries to enter the vendor "FWE"
it automatically gets changed to "FEW". Is there a way I can turn the
"replace text as you type" function off from within the macro?

--
BrianG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here you go:

Application.AutoCorrect.ReplaceText = False

Use it in good health. - Piku

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.AutoCorrect.ReplaceText = False

Wow, too easy. Do I need to change it back to "True" when I exit the
macro?

--
BrianG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming