Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Histogram and macros

I am needing to create a macro in which I want to use a histogram. When
I record the macro I select my input, bin and output ranges and
everything works fine. But when I go to run the macro it asks me for
the input range. I selected it when I recorded the macro. What am I
doing wrong????

Thanks!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

submit the macro for me to check

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think that's part of the problem (the macro). Here's the code:

Sub Macro5()
'
' Macro5 Macro
' Macro recorded 01/15/2004 by User
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+h
'
Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", , , , False, False,
False, _
False
End Sub

I selected Analysis ToolPak - VBA for an add-in but still doesn't work.
I'm sure it's something stupid on my part!

THANKS!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I got this Macro from a site and want it to look at C:\Temp, any ideas?
i cant get it to work

Sub ListFilesInFolder(SourceFolderName As String, IncludeSubfolders As
Boolean)
' lists information about the files in SourceFolder
' example: ListFilesInFolder "C:\FolderName", True
Dim FSO As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim SourceFolder As Scripting.Folder, SubFolder As Scripting.Folder
Dim FileItem As Scripting.File
Dim r As Long
Set FSO = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Set SourceFolder = FSO.GetFolder(SourceFolderName)
r = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1
For Each FileItem In SourceFolder.Files
' display file properties
Cells(r, 1).Formula = FileItem.Path & FileItem.Name
Cells(r, 2).Formula = FileItem.Size
Cells(r, 3).Formula = FileItem.Type
Cells(r, 4).Formula = FileItem.DateCreated
Cells(r, 5).Formula = FileItem.DateLastAccessed
Cells(r, 6).Formula = FileItem.DateLastModified
Cells(r, 7).Formula = FileItem.Attributes
Cells(r, 8).Formula = FileItem.ShortPath & FileItem.ShortName
' use file methods (not proper in this example)
' FileItem.Copy "C:\FolderName\Filename.txt", True
' FileItem.Move "C:\FolderName\Filename.txt"
' FileItem.Delete True
r = r + 1 ' next row number
Next FileItem
If IncludeSubfolders Then
For Each SubFolder In SourceFolder.SubFolders
ListFilesInFolder SubFolder.Path, True
Next SubFolder
End If
Columns("A:H").AutoFit
Set FileItem = Nothing
Set SourceFolder = Nothing
Set FSO = Nothing
ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True
End Sub

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry i got mixed up, could you send the xla file to me?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tried to but file is too big.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", , , , False, False,False,False

do you see a range in this statement anywhere?? - neither do I. Try
rerecording.

Tom Ogilvy

"randysbug " wrote in message
I think that's part of the problem (the macro). Here's the code:
False, _

False

Sub Macro5()
'
' Macro5 Macro
' Macro recorded 01/15/2004 by User
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+h
'
Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", , , , False, False,
End Sub

I selected Analysis ToolPak - VBA for an add-in but still doesn't work.
I'm sure it's something stupid on my part!

THANKS!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am having the EXACT same problem in trying to create a macro to appl
to a histogram.

I have re-recorded at least a dozen times and tried just about ever
option.

The only thing I thought of is that the input values are results o
formulae and not direct cell entry. However, I did direct cell inpu
and got the same results.

The macro code is exactly the same as the first post by randysbu
except I'm not using a shortcut. I plan to make it a worksheet even
since my tables are being updated from another area of the workbook.

Was this one solved and what was the solution?

Thanks!!

RHer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does anyone have any suggestion or solution to this problem