Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ed ed is offline

Default Email from Excel

Hi

I am using a macro to automatically send a copy of a
spreadsheet using outlook but when i run this i get an
dialogue box from outlook saying

'A program is trying to automatically send mail on your
behalf

D you want to allow this?'

Is there any way of getting rid of this box as i am
sending this to many people and i dont want to keep
clicking yes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:45:56 -0800, "Ed"
wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I am using a macro to automatically send a copy of a
spreadsheet using outlook but when i run this i get an
dialogue box from outlook saying

'A program is trying to automatically send mail on your
behalf

D you want to allow this?'

Is there any way of getting rid of this box as i am
sending this to many people and i dont want to keep
clicking yes?

Here's what I wrote earlier:
(http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...se%404 ax.com)

See:
OL2000: Administrator Information About the Outlook E-mail Security
Update
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;263297

There's download available from MS which will create a Public Folder
"Outlook Security Settings" with a form of the same name. It allows to
specify relaxed settings for individual users. I've used that here in
circumstances similar to yours successfully.

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, TGM Ltd, Brisbane, Australia
http://mcmbednarek.tripod.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

--
Michael Bednarek
http://mcmbednarek.tripod.com/ "POST NO BILLS"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add - the article states:

If you are using Microsoft Exchange Server, administrators can control the
behavior of these new features.

So if you aren't I believe the answer is no - at least not with any built in
configuration options.

Ron De Bruin offers some ways to use VBA to send the message without the
prompt using CDO (I believe). You can check out his recommendations at

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

and its subordinate pages.

Tom Ogilvy

Here's what I wrote earlier:

(http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...v3srld2sse%404
ax.com)

See:
OL2000: Administrator Information About the Outlook E-mail Security
Update
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;263297

There's download available from MS which will create a Public Folder
"Outlook Security Settings" with a form of the same name. It allows to
specify relaxed settings for individual users. I've used that here in
circumstances similar to yours successfully.

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, TGM Ltd, Brisbane, Australia
http://mcmbednarek.tripod.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

--
Michael Bednarek
http://mcmbednarek.tripod.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ed,

Here's another option:

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Ed wrote:
Hi

I am using a macro to automatically send a copy of a
spreadsheet using outlook but when i run this i get an
dialogue box from outlook saying

'A program is trying to automatically send mail on your
behalf

D you want to allow this?'

Is there any way of getting rid of this box as i am
sending this to many people and i dont want to keep
clicking yes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming