Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run Query, then Protect Spreadsheet

Hello,
I'm trying to populate cells from a query where some cells are locked
and the cells I'm populating are unlocked.
However, when I run my macro, I get an error message telling me I can't
do anything w/o unprotecting the spreadsheet.
The macro DOES run if I unprotect the spreadsheet. What can I do to
keep users from modifying the form, but still be able to run the macro
by clicking a button.
FYI... the macro automatically locks unlocked cells after the query is
done. I don't understand why this happens.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understand what you are asking,

In excel;

Protect the sheet with a a password.

In VBA;

unprotect the sheet using the password
run the query
protect the sheet again

Hopes this helps,

Boici

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, but if I do that, then the code is executed soo fast that th
ss is protected again before the query can finish. So I tried th
Sleep() method to give the query time to finish, but unfortunately i
didn't help. I receive the same error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don
I am having the same problem...I used your code, but when I try to "refresh data" it gives me the error that the sheet is protected and cannot refresh. Any ideas

----- Don wrote: ----

Don't know if you solved this,bu

Sub Auto_Open(
With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("SHeet1"
.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=Tru
End Wit
End Su

Then your macros will be able to modify everything, but the users will not, and you won't need to unlock and relock the sheet

Don