Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automated Year-to-Date Comparisons

I have a spreadsheet that I enter the current month's data
into each month. This new data is entered alongside data
entered in the previous months of the current fiscal year.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that I have just entered
the data for month three of the current fiscal year.

I want Excel to sum the data for the same three month
period during the previous fiscal year ... providing a
year-to-date comparison.

And, when I enter the data for month four of the current
fiscal year, I want Excel to sum the data for the same
four month period during the previous fiscal year ... but
I want Excel to make this transition (from three to four
months) automatically.

In other words, I don't want to rewrite the formula every
month.

Is this possible? If so, how's it done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

As I do not know the layout of your data this will be a little lon
winded.

Assuming the last years figures are in cells b2:b13 and this year
figures are in cells c2:c13 then the formula
=IF(C20,SUM($B$2:B2),"") entered in cell d2 and copied down for th
whole of the list will sum the values in column b starting from b2 t
the current row if there is a value in the same row column c