Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default scientific notation to text formatting question

I have a string that looks like "92343E102".
When I assign it:
Worksheet.Cells(outrow, 3) = strTest

Excel converts the string to scientifc notation "9.23E+106"

how do I presrve the string the way it is?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Set the format of the cell to text prior to assigning it a value.
For example,

Worksheet.Cells(outrow, 3).NumberFormat = "@"
Worksheet.Cells(outrow, 3) = strTest

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dtdd" <dd@eer wrote in message
I have a string that looks like "92343E102".
When I assign it:
Worksheet.Cells(outrow, 3) = strTest

Excel converts the string to scientifc notation "9.23E+106"

how do I presrve the string the way it is?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip Pearson wrote:
Set the format of the cell to text prior to assigning it a value.
For example,

Worksheet.Cells(outrow, 3).NumberFormat = "@"
Worksheet.Cells(outrow, 3) = strTest

It solved the problem.