Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default calling seriescollection by name

I have given a name to one of the charts in a chartsheet. But in vba I could
not succeed in calling this chart by name
for e.g.
sheets("chart1').seriescollection(1).activate ======this suceeds
but
i have named a seriescollction
===sheets("chart1").seriescollction(1).name="rv"== ===ok this works But

sheets("chart1").seriescollection("rv").activate ========fails

any suggestions. I have tried to view newsgroups through google search bar
I couldnt get satisfactory suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't .Activate a series. Try to .Select it instead.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services