Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default office icon

Hello,
After upgrading win2k pro and removing a worm, I lost my Excel icon on
all files ( as well as all Office files). Is there a way to get them back?

thanks
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Daniel,

Try the following. Close Excel, then go to the Windows Start
menu, choose Run, and enter

Excel.exe /regserver

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hello,
After upgrading win2k pro and removing a worm, I lost my

Excel icon on
all files ( as well as all Office files). Is there a way to

get them back?

thanks
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your suggestion, It did not help. It looks like it does not
reach:
C:\WINNT\Installer\{00010409-78E1-11D2-B60F-006097C998E7}\xlicons.exe,1

________

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hello,
After upgrading win2k pro and removing a worm, I lost my

Excel icon on
all files ( as well as all Office files). Is there a way to

get them back?

thanks
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Daniel

I have never used Office 2000 but in Office 2002 running under Windows XP the
Add/Remove in Control Panel has a "Repair Office" option when you select
"Change"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP