Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Confirming existence of dependents

I have a long list of 'single point' numerical data items that a colleague
has extracted from a large written document. This data has been put into
rows; with column A containiung the data label/description, and column B
containing the actual data item (be it a general number, a date, a currency
amount, etc., etc..). I have used many of these elsewhere within the
workbook, but not all of them so some of the data is effectively redundant.

Is there an easy way of returning a "Yes" or "No" into column C, confirming
that the data point has been used elsewhere in the model (i.e. has
dependents)?

A macro button in the top left of the worksheet that when run does the
tests and then pastes either a "Yes" or "No" into column C, as appropriate,
for each row seems to be required, but I do not know what this would like.

Any help on how to write this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike