Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default updating links when vlookup is used and..

Hello everybody,

I created a template to administrate the hours someone spends working
on a product and a total.xls with a macro that collects all the data of
all the templates put in a certain location. It works great and maybe I
should leave it at that, but there are some little things I like to
optimize if possible.

In the template I use a vlookup-formula that looks for the productid in
product.xls to collect other data. Each time the user opens the
template he\she is been asked if links must be updated. I like to know
if its possible to anwser the question for him? I tried to put
something in Private Sub Workbook_Open(), but that runs after the
question.

Secondly I like to know (and this is more for fun I admit) if its
possible to hide\clear the whole excel-environment so the user only
sees the worksheet.

Thnx in advance,
Polletje

---