Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can this Macro be done?

Before I attempt to get help creating this macro, first i need to know
if it's even possible to create.

I need a macro to do this(in order, of course):

1. Paste text from the clipboard
2.Organize my text into columns (using the text import wizard or the
texttocolumns vba command I heard about)
3.Save the worksheet with a "today's date(mm-dd-yy) + filename" format
to a specific folder on the HD
4. Print

is that possible?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

J.E.,

Yes.

I thought that too.

abxy,

Not that it's absolutely necessary, but a name is a nice touch.
Makes it seem a little more personal.
Doesn't have to be your real name.
Siegfried, Ebonezer, Matilda, etc. (we don't really care, but
it makes us feel better to answer to a name).
I met an "abxy" in Vegas once. I fell in love and never saw her again.
Is that you, honey???

Cardinal rule........
One question per post!!!!
If you have more than one, ask the first, labor through the

Almost any question that could be asked in these newsgroups
has already been asked (and answered). Not that we're not here
to help (we get our jollies doing so), but a little homework on
your part would make it easier for all of us (and probably get
your answers a lot quicker).

Take a search in Google:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...t.public.excel
for some of your questions.
If you can't find what you're looking for, post back (one at
a time) and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

For a quick introduction to the newsgroups (and some nettiquette),
take a look he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

John

"J.E. McGimpsey" wrote in message
Yes.

In article ,
abxy wrote:

Before I attempt to get help creating this macro, first i need to know
if it's even possible to create.

I need a macro to do this(in order, of course):

1. Paste text from the clipboard
2.Organize my text into columns (using the text import wizard or the
texttocolumns vba command I heard about)
3.Save the worksheet with a "today's date(mm-dd-yy) + filename" format
to a specific folder on the HD
4. Print

is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see Chip Pearson's
Working With the Windows Clipboard
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm
=---
HTH,

abxy wrote:

Before I attempt to get help creating this macro, first i need to know
if it's even possible to create.

I need a macro to do this(in order, of course):

1. Paste text from the clipboard
2.Organize my text into columns (using the text import wizard or the
texttocolumns vba command I heard about)
3.Save the worksheet with a "today's date(mm-dd-yy) + filename" format
to a specific folder on the HD
4. Print

is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry you don't need Chip's Clipboard Macros for that,
simply record a macro while doing what you ask.
Text to Columns under Data is the same as the
Text Import Wizard if you already have data in your Excel
spreadsheet.

Create the filename such that you can sort it in the manner
that you want. ie. use yyyy-mm-dd for the date.
---
HTH,