Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting the spaces before and after a number in Excel 97

Hi, I have Excel 97, and am trying to analyse some results from a
online survey, which has been stored on a database (MySQL). To get th
details into Excel, I highlight the details on the website, and past
them in Excel. Unfortunately, phpMyAdmin adds a space before and afte
the number, so I cannot add the results together without manuall
deleting the space before and after the number. As I have over 80
results, this could take some time. Has anyone got an idea for a macr
that would do this for me? I am no expert in Excel, so the simpler th
better! Thanks in advance,

Edwi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look here and use Dave McRitchie's Trimall macro. Put a copy of it in
your Personal.xls and you will then be able to use teh routine on any sheet you
are working on. It will do the lot in a heartbeat.

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

"Buzz88 " wrote in message
Hi, I have Excel 97, and am trying to analyse some results from an
online survey, which has been stored on a database (MySQL). To get the
details into Excel, I highlight the details on the website, and paste
them in Excel. Unfortunately, phpMyAdmin adds a space before and after
the number, so I cannot add the results together without manually
deleting the space before and after the number. As I have over 800
results, this could take some time. Has anyone got an idea for a macro
that would do this for me? I am no expert in Excel, so the simpler the
better! Thanks in advance,

Edwin

---

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks a lot -that seems to work wel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use it all the time - saves soooooooooooooo much effort. :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

"Buzz88 " wrote in message
thanks a lot -that seems to work well

---

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Buzz,

I just formatted a column as text, and entered space 1 space and space 2
space and added them and it worked fine. The only thing I had to do was do
the sum in another column, otherwise the formula was read as text.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips