Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default Linked table message in VBA

When I open a spreadsheet with linked data I get a message box that asks if
I want to update the data.
How do I disable this message in VBA. I have as series of worksheets that
I am opening and I would like to stop those message boxes from opening.
Thanks
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

try

Workbooks.Open Filename:= "FullPath", UpdateLinks:=0

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Tom" wrote in message
When I open a spreadsheet with linked data I get a message box that asks

if
I want to update the data.
How do I disable this message in VBA. I have as series of worksheets

that
I am opening and I would like to stop those message boxes from opening.
Thanks
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom wrote

How do I disable this message in VBA.

If you always want this to happen, consider unchecking 'Ask to update
automatic links' in Tools|Options|Edit

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Hmmmm....
I never thought to set that on the spreadsheet itself....I figured that I
would need to do it the most difficult way. I needed to write it in code.
It worked! I just set the option on the worksheet that was open and it took
care of the box.
Thanks David!

Tom

Tom wrote