Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB project protection

I have a large VB project I would like to protect (for
commercial use)- but there are several 'password craker'
packages out there that can easily circumvent Excel's
project, workhseet, and add-in protections (i.e. developer
defined passwords you can set on all three). This was news
to me - within minutes of downloading one of these
packages, I could see all my VB code without ever having to
type in a password!

Does anyone know of any stronger VB protection in Excel?
Or perhaps via a third party software package?

Thanks,

Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"...And the next sign of the Apocalypse will be..."
*****
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:32:34 -0800, Frank C. wrote:

I have a large VB project I would like to protect (for
commercial use)- but there are several 'password craker'
packages out there that can easily circumvent Excel's
project, workhseet, and add-in protections (i.e. developer
defined passwords you can set on all three). This was news
to me - within minutes of downloading one of these
packages, I could see all my VB code without ever having to
type in a password!

Does anyone know of any stronger VB protection in Excel?
Or perhaps via a third party software package?

Thanks,

Frank

Exact same question was asked back in November. Here's a link to the
thread (one long line, watch out for word wrap):
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...pam.com&rnum=1

--
auric "underscore" "underscore" "at" hotmail "dot" com
*****
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Indeed - thanks for the link Auric.

I will have to check out using .dll's

know any useful sites that give a good intro?

So the short answer is 'No'.

.