Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with conditional formatting and referencing workbooks...

I want to set up the conditional formatting on a cell in such a way that if
the number entered into the cell does not exist in a database (another
workbook,) that cell will change colors. The trouble I am having is in
referencing the database workbook while it is not open. There must be a
..find function I can use to look in an xls file on the local drive to
accomplish this? If anyone could give me suggestions, I would appreciate it
:)

-Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

Referencing a closed workbook is hard, but Harlan Grove has cracked it. This
link refers back to a previous post that explains the technique.
http://tinyurl.com/2lqj4

You might be able to use this in CF (haven't tried it myself).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips