Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to save file

I would like to create a macro that will name a file and save it so that
the name is the same as the contents of cell A10 + today's date. Is
this possible?
Thanks for all your help.
Gib

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gb,

Off the top

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= Activesheet.Range("A10") &
Format(Date,"yyyy-mm-dd")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"gfinch " wrote in message
I would like to create a macro that will name a file and save it so that
the name is the same as the contents of cell A10 + today's date. Is
this possible?
Thanks for all your help.
Gib

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gib,

Try something like

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A10").Text & _
Format(Now,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"gfinch " wrote in message
I would like to create a macro that will name a file and save

it so that
the name is the same as the contents of cell A10 + today's

date. Is
this possible?
Thanks for all your help.
Gib

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for both your help. That is exactly what I needed. Inserted
into macro and works like a charm. Thanks - Gib

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Like my friend here, i'm trying to get a macro to save file name as th
contents of cell I2 (it's a merged cell from I2 to L2) + "filename"

how do I do that. I know it's not too far off from the above solutions
but still, how to I get that