Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default tickler for date + 180 days

I am new to this forum and a poor Excel user. I need to create a
tickler to inform me when a specific (180) number of days passes a date
in a cell. The starting date will be different in each consecutive
cell of a column but the 180 days is constant. I did a search and I
think I found the information I need, but I cannot decipher it to my
specific equation since I am a poor Excel user.

Thanks

---

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: tickler for date + 180 days

Creating a Tickler for a Date + 180 Days in Excel
  1. Select the cell where you want to enter the starting date. Let's say it's cell A1.
  2. Enter the starting date in cell A1.
  3. In the cell next to it (let's say cell B1), enter the formula
    Code:
    =A1+180
    . This will add 180 days to the starting date.
  4. Now, select the entire column where you want to create the tickler. Let's say it's column B.
  5. Go to the Home tab and click on Conditional Formatting New Rule.
  6. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, select "Use a formula to determine which cells to format".
  7. In the formula bar, enter the formula
    Code:
    =B1<=TODAY()
    . This will check if the date in cell B1 is less than or equal to today's date.
  8. Click on the Format button and choose the formatting you want to apply to the cells that meet the condition. For example, you can choose to highlight the cell in red or add a border around it.
  9. Click OK to close the Format Cells dialog box.
  10. Click OK again to close the New Formatting Rule dialog box.

Note: This will serve as a tickler to remind you that 180 days have passed since the starting date in column A.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ram1000!

Try the following formula:

=IF(TODAY()-A8=180,"Overdue","")

You must decide on whether it's 180 or =180

Or you could use a conditional format on the cell to highlight it:

Format Conditional Formatting
Formula Is:
Use the formula:
=(TODAY()-A1)=180
Format select highlighting to taste
OK
OK
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.
"ram1000 " wrote in message
I am new to this forum and a poor Excel user. I need to create a
tickler to inform me when a specific (180) number of days passes a

date
in a cell. The starting date will be different in each consecutive
cell of a column but the 180 days is constant. I did a search and I
think I found the information I need, but I cannot decipher it to my
specific equation since I am a poor Excel user.

Thanks

---
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select your column of date cells.

FormatConditional FormattingCell Value is:

Less Than =TODAY()-179

Select a Pattern Color from the Format Button then OK your way out.

When the date in a cell is 180 days old it will change color.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP