Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help with user form that won't go away

I have a user for that opens one of three subsequent forms, depending o
which of three option buttons is chosen, and then hides the origina
form when a command button is pushed. However, with one of the thre
options, the original form does not go away, whether I hide it o
unload it. The form remains on the screen behind the new form, and al
of the tiptext on the new form remains on the screen as well. Is thi
a memory or buffer problem? Does anybody have any idea how to fix?
Thanks in advance for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you have an Application.ScreenUpdating=False command in the code
for the form that doesn't go away?

As a test, you can also just copy the code for the form that works,
and just change the name of the form to run.

vbayig wrote in message ...
I have a user for that opens one of three subsequent forms, depending on
which of three option buttons is chosen, and then hides the original
form when a command button is pushed. However, with one of the three
options, the original form does not go away, whether I hide it or
unload it. The form remains on the screen behind the new form, and all
of the tiptext on the new form remains on the screen as well. Is this
a memory or buffer problem? Does anybody have any idea how to fix?
Thanks in advance for any help.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, John. It turns out that I did have an
Application.ScreenUpdating = Flase buried in one of my routines that I
had forgotten about. That statement was in the code for the form that
comes up after the previous was supposed to go away. Thanks again for
your help. For some strange reason, I didn't even think of that.

---